Who can be a member of CASSOC?
Membership in CASSOC is open to any and all organizations which promote or encourage some aspect of Scottish tradition or culture, represent a link between the Scottish people and their descendants and relations in Canada, or seek to develop an understanding of the role Scotland and its culture has played in the development of Canada and its history.
Art Societies, Music Groups, Heritage Association, Clan and Family Organizations, Pipe and Military Bands, Dance Societies and a host of other groups are encouraged to become a part of a greater effort to preserve and perpetuate the Scottish traditions.
WHAT CASSOC OFFERS YOU:
- We link you to approximately 2000 interested enthusiasts through our member groups!
- An Drochaid: Advertise your groupís upcoming events for free in our newsletter that goes out 5 times a year!
- Post your groupís activities to the internet and be contacted, even if you donít have your own website! (If you have your own website, we can post the address and link.)
- Highland Games Booths: You will be represented at several Highland Games during the Summer, even if your group is not actually present. We become the voice for our members.
- Meetings: Meet with other Scottish enthusiasts and share ideas, discuss ways and means, and generally support one another.
- Information: Find out about the Scottish and Celtic events across Canada.
- National: Member Groups are all across Canada and some in the USA.
WHAT YOU OFFER TO CASSOC:
- You can represent CASSOC at a Highland Games or other Scottish event
- You can help connect with and to the wider Scottish community to celebrate and promote our cultural heritage
- You can let us, and other member groups, know of the events around the province and country
- You can submit items of information and articles to our newsletter, An Drochaid
- You can participate in social events and help support other member groups
- You can offer your talents and services (music, dance, writing, arts, photography, genealogy, be on the Executive or Board, etc, etc)
- You can become more knowledgeable about your Scottish heritage and ancestry
- You can taste and learn about Scottish foods, music, arts, etc. You can share with all the member groups a story, poem, recipe, and especially, Scottish shops and restaurants
- You bring many experiences and information that will enrich us all!
Our membership year is 1 Sep through 31 Aug. Our membership dues are $50 per membership year - unchanged since 1988!
A plus membership is available for an extra $20 per year, which will get you Webspace on our server and use of our Webmaster
To request More Information about CASSOC membership
78-24 Fundy Bay Blvd.
Mail to CASSOC
Please include your Organization Name, Your Name, Your Address and Phone Number.